Some are dark. But their beauty astounds me.

Vintage Geekdom

Friday, March 27, 2009

Pagan Poetry 2 : In the Sreets





















If there's one thing that keeps surprising me is how deprived of poetry we can be. Every day, everywhere : work, bed, radio, tv, news, books, entertainment. Everything is made so you will not realize that there's such a thing as beauty in the most simple situations.
Whether you want it or not, whether you notice it or not, there's always just a single moment where you'll stop and wonder at something that doesn't have any meaning but for you.
I have this book where it's written that reading poetry for 20 minutes everyday would deeply change and free anyone. I don't know if that's true. Im' quite scared to do it.
I was walking down the street the other day and suddenly i noticed that some black tags on the sidewalk. Someone had tagged in huge black letters a love poem. It was the most revolutionnary act I had ever witnessed.


.

No comments: